Pages

Friday, November 5, 2010

Friday's Devotion

"Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers." Ephesians 4:29


I was checking my email and came across a post by a blog I subscribe to called Devotion Cafe.
It really made me start thinking about the communication that proceeds out of my mouth!! People make me so darn mad at times. A couple of people in particular. I am only human so it is so hard to keep my mouth shut when someone has wronged me or one of my friends. I began reading her post and she asked what I, her readers, would do in that person's situation? Do I take my own advice I have given others? It is so easy to look at others and see what you would do different, but as stated above what would I do if I was in that situation? It is also easy to look at other people and criticize, but no matter how much they have wronged you Jesus says to edify! Show them Christ. Ask yourself what Jesus did in the situations where he was wronged? I bet he did not do what most of us do, which is tell everyone you can think of how much a particular person has wronged you or talk about them when they do things you don't agree with or things that make you mad. I have been wronged, but I am giving it to God and I am going to let Him handle it. When we try to do it ourselves we just make a big mess of things. It is going to be a daily struggle but I know with Christ in control I can do it.


I hope everyone has a blessed day today and have a fabulous week end. As always remember Philippians 4:13, "I can do all things through Christ which strengthenth me."



Photobucket

No comments: