Pages

Monday, November 8, 2010

Monday's Life in Him/Why I will NOT Tell My Girls Santa is Real


This blog hop was introduced to me a few weeks back. It is fairly new and I really enjoy it! I think everyday should be centered around Christ and it is good to find blog hops which do that. 


As you know, I had the girls pics taken a couple of week ends ago and she done an absolutely fabulous job. My favorite pics to date!!! 






This is just sample :)





Well, with Christmas right around the corner I have been searching for the perfect Christmas card and finally found it at Snapfish. To me this card says it all! Christmas is not Santa or about giving gifts, but about Jesus Christ and because I want my girls to know that is Christmas I have chosen not to tell them about the fabrication we call Santa. I also feel there is a bond of trust between parents and children and I am not going to break that trust! If I tell them Santa is real and they find out he isn't what else are they going to wonder about? Are they gonna believe me when I tell them Christ is real? To each his own, but we have simply chosen not to lie to our kids telling them fictional characters are real. Emma, my 3 year old, came to me yesterday and asked me who Santa was after she saw something on TV. I simply told her he was pretend, made up kinda like a cartoon, but that some kids believed him to be real so not to tell other kids what she already knows. I told her that the parents would do that. All she got out of it was that he was fake. She is still too young to go blabbing to other kids. If you choose to tell your kids about Santa then that is fine and I respect that, but please do not tell mine he is real and that he is Christmas because he isn't. CHRIST is. No Christ was not born in December and yes we have chosen to cover up a pagan holiday to celebrate Christ's birth, BUT that is exactly why this holiday was set aside! To celebrate His birth. It is not presents and Santa. It is Christ!


With all of that being said I have chosen these as my verses of the day.



"Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father." Philippians 2:9


Here is our Christmas Card for this year, all ready to order.






Don't forget about my EcoMom giveaway! You can enter here! Please help. LOW ENTRIES!!! Have a blessed day everyone!





Photobucket

3 comments:

Amy said...

I wish we didn't tell ours about Santa, but DH won't have it any other way. I did have a tip, though. When telling your kids the truth, but explaining to them that others do believe, you can say that some families play the Santa game. They aren't to give away the answer to the Santa game, because some families may still be playing it. I haven't worded it perfectly here, but it helps to have another way to explain it. You don't ever want to make it seem like you are asking them to lie.

AirForceWife and Mommy of Two said...

Thank you so much Amy for that tip!!! I will do that :) Great idea!

Danielle @ We Have It All said...

Oooh I LOVE LOVE LOVE this post!! Thanks so much for joining in "Life In Him". We are labeled the 'bad parents' because we do not do santa or the easter bunny and 99% of the time we do not participate in halloween either. My hubby got caught up in trick or treating this yr though. I LOVE your cards. I will be getting ours through Shutterfly this year, I wonder if we can get a card that is Jesus orientated? I'll have to look.
I hope you have a great week!