Pages

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thanksgiving Recipes...Apple-Pear Crumble Pie

This has been a favorite in my house for a very long time and this is one thing people request I bring every time I go somewhere for Thanksgiving or Christmas. I am posting the recipe as I first seen it on Kraft Recipes, BUT I have put my own spin on it. I will post what I do differently at the end. This is one of DH's, my dad, and my brother's favorite desserts! It makes the house smell so yummy!







what you need

24 NILLA Wafers, crushed (about 3/4 cup)
1/4 cup  packed brown sugar
1/4 cup butter, melted
1   ready-to-use refrigerated pie crust (1/2 of 14.1-oz. pkg.)
4 oz. (1/2 of 8-oz. pkg.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
2 large  baking apples, peeled, sliced
1 large fresh pear, peeled, sliced
1/3 cup  granulated sugar
1/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp.  ground cinnamon
1-1/4 cups thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping

make it

HEAT oven to 375ºF.
MIX wafer crumbs, brown sugar and butter until well blended; set aside.
PLACE pie crust in 9-inch pie plate sprayed with cooking spray. Spread cream cheese carefully onto bottom of crust; sprinkle with half the crumb mixture. Combine fruit in large bowl. Add granulated sugar, flour and cinnamon; toss to coat. Spoon over crumb layer in crust; sprinkle with remaining crumb mixture.
BAKE 35 min. or until fruit is tender and crust is lightly browned, covering loosely with foil after 25 min. if necessary to prevent crust from overbrowning. Cool. Serve topped with COOL WHIP or Vanilla Ice Cream

As I stated above. I have put my own spin on this and it makes it very rich,  but oh so good! Instead of white granulated sugar I use all dark brown sugar. I also make extra of the crumble topping because it is so yummy. To make the pie look more full I use an 8" pie plate instead of a 9". This is an excellent spin on the traditional apple pie. You will not be disappointed!

Photobucket


No comments: