Pages

Friday, November 25, 2011

Happy Friday!

Verse of the Day:
"And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him." Colossians 3:17


Hello everyone. I trust that everyone had a fantastic Thanksgiving. Me and the girls missed DH, but we had a good Thanksgiving. Had some very good friends over to help us celebrate and eat the feast I prepared.


This year is the first year I brined my turkey and oh boy was it good! It was so juicy and tender. I used an Apple Spice Brine and it was so good. You really have to keep an eye on what kind of turkey you use though. If you have one that has been injected with a solution already then you need to cut back on the salt by at least half which is what I did. After it brined for 15 hours. I took it out of the brine, rinsed it well, slathered it in butter, salted and peppered it, draped bacon all over it, and stuffed it with apples and onions that had been steeped in cinnamon water. I am telling you the turkey was amazing! 


I also prepared a bunch of sides, all carb of course, which you can find here and here. I also had mashed potatoes and mac and cheese, homemade of course :)


Now for Black Friday the ONLY THING I took advantage of was the online sale Gymboree had and I got the Bug a winter coat. There is no way you could drag me out shopping on Black Friday ;)


I hope everyone has a fantastic week end. Me and the girls will be putting up our Christmas decorations up this week end! What are you doing?


Photobucket

No comments: