Pages

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

What We Did for Christmas

Verse of the Day:
"Bless the LORD, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name." Psalm 103:1


I hope everyone had a fantastic Christmas. I know we did. On Christmas Eve we had some friends over for dinner. We had White Chicken Enchilada's and the kids decorated shortbread cookies. I will post both recipes to my recipe tab sometime today. It is also tradition for us to let the girls open one gift on Christmas Eve which they did.



On Christmas Day, it was just me and my little family. We had a lazy day at home. When we woke up I cooked some yummy Monkey Bread with caramel sauce for Breakfast.
Always a hit with my DH and me of course :) Once breakfast was in the oven we let the girls open gifts! 

This year I got a Keurig and some new dishes! Also this year I wanted to surprise my husband. He is a PC gamer so I am always getting him something for his computer and always guesses what it is so I let him open it early. I didn't want that to happen this year so thankfully, I got an email from ticketmaster about one of my DH's favorite bands that is going to be touring which is very rare so of course, I got tickets!! I wrapped it in a biggish box and put it under the tree. He was so surprised and very pleased when he opened his gift.


I cooked Christmas dinner later in the evening of course. We had a fantastic ham along with some simple sides and an apple pie for dessert! The girls wanted to fix some birthday cupcakes for Jesus but I didn't get that far so since The Bug is out of school for the rest of the week, that is what we are doing one day this week :) 

Be on the lookout for a review/giveaway from My Memories there will also be a discount codes for all my readers. I hope everyone had a very blessed Christmas and hope you have a Happy New Year. God Bless.


Photobucket

No comments: