Pages

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Tasty Finds Tuesday - Chocolate Cobbler

I tried this a few months ago and LOVED IT!! I am gonna admit, at first I thought, nasty! This really is so very good and so very easy! Kind of like a chocolate lava cake without all the work. This is excellent served with ice cream. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did. 


What you need:
2 sticks of butter
1 1/4 cup of sugar
1 1/2 cup self rising flour
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup of milk


Chocolate layer
1 cup of sugar
6 tablespoons of cocoa powder
2 cups of boiling water


Preheat oven to 350. In a 9x13 glass baking dish, melt the butter in the oven.


Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl, mix together the 1 1/4 cup of sugar, self rising flour, vanilla, and milk.


Once butter is melted remove from oven and pour batter into the 9x13 pan over the melted butter. DO NOT STIR! 


In a separate bowl mix together the cocoa and remaining sugar. Sprinkle over top of batter. DO NOT STIR!


Pour the 2 cups of boiling water over top of everything. DO NOT STIR!  Bake for 30-45 minutes or until crust is a nice golden brown. 


Serve warm. This is great by itself or with ice cream.


I wish I could take credit for this BUT I found the recipe here! Hope you enjoy and have a very Tasty Tuesday.




Photobucket

No comments: