Pages

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Wordful Wednesday
Courageous


About a week ago my Kim picked up Courageous from Redbox. Honestly I thought it was going to be more of a "Kim movie". It turned out to be a great movie if a little bit of a choked up tear jerker. While it might not hit you in the breadbasket if you have no children or are perhaps, a cyborg. If either of those parameters do not fit you - it will choke you up and make your eyes water which women call crying and men call getting a gnat in your eye.

It, unlike most modern movies, had human moments. It was virtually free of flashy effects that enable most movies. The theme was was simple - the characters real. None put off the 'holier than thou' vibe. You could relate to the people in the movie very easily. Which made the human moments. There was action and gun play so as to keep it from being too preachy.

In all it was what I would consider a good movie. I am sure Kim will be purchasing it on DVD. I look forward to the next movie that the studio puts out. I encourage all dads to watch this movie.


Spoiler Alert: This is the closing speech for Courageous. Sorry for the poor quality of this clip, but it is the only one I could find.

Tedrick
"Who got a gnat in his eye during Courageous"


No comments: