Pages

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Tasty Finds Tuesday - Egg in a Hole

I am almost embarrassed to even post this as a recipe since it is so easy, but then again some people may not have ever had one. Anyway, I have been following The Pioneer Woman for a long time. Way before she had a TV show and I love her. She has super simple recipes that are so yummy! One day on her show she done, egg in a hole and it took me back!! This isn't the first time I have had one.

What you need:
1 Slice of your favorite bread (we only use whole wheat)
1 egg (I have chickens so we use fresh and boy is there a HUGE difference in the taste)
1 Tablespoon of butter (we only use real butter in my house, no margarine)
Salt and Pepper to taste

What to do:
With a biscuit cutter or rim of a glass press a hole in the center of the bread.
Melt the butter over medium heat in a skillet
Once the butter is melted place the bread in the center of the pan and crack the egg in the center of the hole hence the name egg in a hole :). Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Let it cook for at least a minute before you attempt to flip it or it will get all nasty and not look so pretty.
Once flipped cook until yolk is soft and jiggly. Yes I said jiggly. Hey, I am just quoting Ree Drummond - The Pioneer Woman.

Once cooked take out of the pan and enjoy!!!

As always, I hope everyone has a very tasty Tuesday!



Photobucket Pin It

No comments: